Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Books of My Spring 2015 TBR | Top Ten Tuesday (18)



March 10 | Confess: Colleen Hoover ~ I've read four books by Colleen Hoover (featured in my January and February Reading Wrap-Ups) and have fallen in love with each and every one. I completely understand why they call her the queen of New Adult, there's chaos, romance, and scandal.... the perfect combination *raises eyebrows attempting to be seductive but actually looks stupid*


April 7 | Simon vs. The Homo Sapien's Agenda: Becky Albertalli ~ I originally heard about this from Margot over at Epic Reads and have not heard a word of bad feedback since. The cover and title are undeniably witty and I'm crossing my fingers for an awesome, quirky story with a strong narrator I can't help but love.


April 28 | An Ember in the Ashes: Sabaa Tahir ~ I don't know what book by Penguin has EVER gotten as much prepublication hype as AEITA, but I've been hearing about this book since FALL of 2014 and no one can stop talking about it in all of its standalone high-fantasy novel glory. 


May 5 | The Fill-In Boyfriend: Kasie West ~ I LOVE me some good ole cutesy contemporary from Kasie West and this sounds like an impossibly ridiculous (and hilarious) situation for the main character to go to that I'm certain will elicit a ton of LOLZ from me. Check out my review of On the Fence if you want to know more of my feelings towards West as an author. 


May 5 | A Court of Thorns and Roses: Sarah J. Maas ~ Who is NOT sitting on the edge of their seats anticipating ACOTAR?!? It's Sarah J. Maas with a Beauty and the Beast retelling mixed in with fae lore.... HOW can you go wrong?  


May 8 | What Remains: Helene Dunbar ~ I read Helene's debut novel -These Gentle Wounds- a little less than a year ago and gave it 5/5 stars for all of its emotional, feels-packed glory. I love the premise and am looking forward to see what Dunbar does with it because TGW did not end up how I thought it would.


May 12 | The Wrath and the Dawn: Renee Ahdieh ~ I love Young Adult fairy tale adaptations and an adaptation of Scheherazade makes me want to flail all over the place. It's my favorite story in A Thousand and One Nights and I can't wait to see how Renee puts a spin on it.

May 26 | Extraordinary Means: Robyn Schneider ~ I absolutely ADORED The Beginning of Everything when I read it last September, and it made my Top 14 books of 2014. What I loved about it was the distinct voice of the narrator, Ezra, and because of it, I would pretty much read a grocery list written by her. 


May 26 | P.S. I Still Love You: Jenny Han ~ I read and fell in love with the first book -To All The Boys I've Loved Before- back in January and even though I am a bit wary of the sequel living up to all the contemporary rom-com glory, I am still dying to get my hands on more of Jenny Han's writing.


May 26 | The Cage: Megan Shepherd ~ I devoured the first two books in the Madman's Daughter trilogy (and have the third book on hold) and I love Shepherd's suspenseful story telling and the premise sounds interesting for this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...