Tuesday, February 3, 2015

New Adult Books I Can't Believe I Haven't Read: Top Ten Tuesday (16)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and Bookish. I haven't done this kind of post in FOREVER and this week's topic is one I am particularly excited to participate in. Last Sunday, the 25th of January, I finished my first Colleen Hoover book. Anyone who reads New Adult fiction has read/loved Colleen Hoover and I see why. I am hooked on New Adult! I enjoyed the rawness and way Hoover handled mature topics so well and am looking forward to reading more books like this. So here is my TBR of New Adult Fiction I want to read. 

*New Adult is a tricky genre to label because, depending on who classifies it, books can be Young Adult, Chick Lit, or Erotica. If anyone has read the book below, can you tell me if they're actually New Adult and where on the spectrum they lie?*

The is the Colleen Hoover that EVERYONE talks about (besides Hopeless) and seems like a staple of the genre and the author. The premise sounds stellar and the addition of Slam Poetry is perfect. I've been wanting to read/write some Slam Poetry and this is seems like a fitting gateway.

I saw this as a recommendation from Lovely Like Laura and am now so mad at myself because it was a January Kindle Deal, and I wasn't able to snatch it up at the uber low price.

This book has been praised to the heavens as a #1 NYT Bestseller as well as an international bestseller, so it MUST be good. It sounds a tad riske, and this is one of the books Goodreads has deemed on the steamier side. 

After enjoyinging Never Never, a collaboration between Tamara Webbar and Colleen Hoover, I thought I would have to check out another novel by Tamara Webbar, and this seemed like the obvious choice as her most popular.

Jennifer L. Armetrout or J. Lynn has been praised constantly by both the Young AND New Adult Bookish communities and I have to confess that I haven't read any of her books, so I look forward to giving this one a go.

I've seen this at Barnes and Nobles multiple times in the Young Adult section, so I'm guessing that's the side of the spectrum it leans on. It sounds like it's a classic good-girl-meets-bad-boy situation, and I enjoy reading that dynamic from time to time.

I recently purchased Losing it and All Lined Up, as eBooks because of their great prices ($2/$1) if that deal is still available when this post goes live, you should definitely check it out. This sounds like an awkward/embarrassing situation that should be entertaining to read about.

This sounds like an interesting premise and I've heard there are two spin-off series as well, so if I end up liking Abbi Glines, I am definitely set.

This was actually read-a-long book part of my Goodreads Group (Obsessed with YA & NA) that I never got the chance to read and I'll get my hands on it someday. Nevertheless, it sounds like something I would enjoy in the NA range.

Despite the innocent cover, I *HEARD* there is mystery/murder, but I may be mistaken. Anyway, K.A. Tucker is always in people's favorites list and it sounds like a good choice.

And there you have it, my New Adult TBR based on the general consensus of the most popular/best authors in NA. I've only read self-pubbed aka self-dubbed New Adult previously, so I'm excited to make the plunge! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...