Sunday, October 12, 2014

Loving the Language of Literacy.... The BookTube Channel!!!

In my first post of October a.k.a. Welcome to October: What's Been Going On? (2) I revealed my intentions (How suggestive does that sound?) in regards to my making the leap across the blogging chasm to BookTube (the fancy shmancy name for the YouTube community centered around books). 


And guess what? 

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 2:29 PM, my first EVER video was published to the YouTubes. Ironically, my Blogoversary is on the 8th of December, so I will not have to celebrate the two momentous occasions that far apart. Back to my point, {PI} Introduction - Branching Out, Expectations, Reading & Reviewing is the video I uploaded. In it, I kind of give myself a mini Q&A where I talk about why I made the leap to BookTubing, expectations (in terms of videos) for the channel, why I read/review, and other general information about myself as a reader. 


In six months, I will probably look back at this video, smack myself in the face because of how stupid I acted, filmed, edited, etc and how I was incredibly idiotic to put that video out on the internet. But for now, October 12, 2014, I don't freaking care. It took a lot for me to make this decision to venture into the BookTube community, and I am proud of myself for doing so. What I heard (from various Twitter/Instagram friends), I didn't make a TOTAL fool of myself, and in terms of first videos, it was definitely not as bad as it could have been.

  

Of course, around 12:30 today (as in the day I am composing and publishing this post), I published {PII} Introduction ~ Reading, Writing, Overall Craziness & Quirks. In this video, I got in depth with how insane I really am. (There's no hiding this level of hyper-active human being behind a computer screen anymore) I talked about doggy-earing pages, my affliction for colons versus dashes, and my OCD behavior when it comes to organizing my bookshelves. Overall, it was a fun, informative video filled with all sorts of trivia. 

What does all of this mean for the BLOG Loving the Language of Literacy?

Like I said in my Welcome to October post, blogging is my first love in the bookish community, and in terms of content, I will always make blogging OVER vlogging my priority. Unless my primary audience changes to my vlogs, you're stuck with me. (I can just feel you rolling your eyes with joy) I plan to have at least three ORIGINAL blog posts a week (excluding ones about my videos or promotional posts). As well as two to three posts about the videos I have uploaded that week. For example, if I do a book review, I will include the regular structure of my reviews (information about the book), how likely it is I will buy it, etc and instead of writing my detailed feelings, I will have the video in its place. Or I might do a tag, and then have the questions and people I tag in a blog post. This way, I allow my videos/reviews to be seen by both audiences, and you get more content from myself.

It is guaranteed that I will mess up somewhere along the line in my new bookish regimen (God only knows I have made enough mistakes solely blogging), so I hope you will stick with me. In no way would I want you to feel obligated, but if you want more bookish content from myself, it would make me the happiest person in the world if you subscribed to my channel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...