Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Book Covers I Would a Frame as Art: Top Ten Tuesdays (9)

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme and weekly event posted every week on (OMG) Tuesdays by The Broke and Bookish. J'adore (my attempt at French) this week's topic because I have seen some breathtaking covers. I'm going to limit this  books on my TBR pile so I'm not judgemental in terms of the book'c content....you know, just to be fair to the books. As a side notes if I was crazy enough to frame these, I would prefer them to be without the text because some of the images are so beautiful, which is why I (went sorta crazy and) edited all the covers with the photo editing app Awesome which I just started using. 


Of Poseidon: Anna Banks ~ The cover looks ethereal, and mysterious, like the girl is yearning for the surface. This could be true to the story and I'm a really good guesser, or I could be entirely 100% wrong. 


Eragon: Cornelia Funke ~ The dragon looks so sad, and ancient, yet knowing and wise. While I have watched the movie, and know this isn't really the case, I still think that. 


Incarceron: Catherine Fisher ~ The key is what I made to focal point of the cover because it is so intricately simple, the little ridges, and the eagle in the middle look like it opens something of great importance. 


Shatter Me: Tahereh Mafi ~ Do I even need to point it out? All of Mafi's covers look simply gorgeous and striking with their eyes on the front cover, as well as the complicated lashes. 




Pawn: Aimee Carter ~ Something about this cover evokes curiosity, as if we are all wondering what is behind that circular maze, especially with the III in the pupil. 



The Girl in the Steel Corset: Kady Cross ~ Something about the dress (with the steel corset of course) reminds me of June's at Anden's celebratory ball in Champion, and model's face looks like she knows something that you don't.  



The Winner's Curse: Marie Rutofski ~ I know everyone in the bookish community fell in love with the stunning cover of this book, and the plot sounds astounding as well. 



The Edge of Falling: Rebecca Serle ~ I know the story takes place in New York City, and the hustle and bustle of the story blurred out reminds me to take things slowly, and the red shoes remind me of the Wizard of Oz, even though that probably wasn't the intention. 




Faking Normal: Courtney C. Stevens ~ Does anybody remember in Harry Potter and the Sorcereror's stone, where Olivander looks at the wand Harry picks and says, "Curious," and that's what her face reminds me of. 


Princesses of the Midnight Ball: Jessica Day George ~ The dress looks so old-fashioned, and beautiful, like I could spend the entire night on the dance floor with my true love. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...