Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring Break Destinations: Feature and Follow Friday (4)

Spring Break. Where would be your favorite destination spot if you could join the Spring Break festivities?



Feature and Follow Friday -hosted by Alison @ Alison Can Read and Rachel @ Parajunkee- is a blog hop that's goal is to have to participants gain more followers and friends. So if I were to follow you, and leave a comment telling you that, it would be considered polite to follow me back and comment as well. 


Well, I have already been there done that for Spring Break so I will tell you where I went and why I would like to go again. Last month (my spring break), I went to Portland Oregon for the first time, and oh my gosh, I NEED to go back next year. The first reason is the reason I was there, my lovely cousin lives in Portland, so my mom and I thought it would be great to visit her. The second reason is one word -POWELLS! I did an entire Stacking the Shelves made up of just books I had gotten while I was at Powells. If you don't know, Powells is the largest independent bookstore in the United States and is freaking incredible because it's a whole city block, and has some really good deals for the book lover I am. Portland Oregon is just the best place because of the diversity of the area. In 15 minutes, you can go from the city section which had the feel of NYC without the crazy crowds and taxis, all the way to the forest and the greenery that the Northwest part of the United States is famous for. Amazingly enough, I also loved the weather in Portland. Everyone always says that it's too wet, too cold, too grey, but I discovered during my time there that I actually love it. A lesser known fact about myself is that I am a runner, but I have an odd aversion to sun (which I get a lot of living in SoCal) on my skin, so it would be perfect for me to move to Portland. Long story short, last month was one of my best Spring Breaks ever and I would love to go back for my next vacation.

Where would you like to vacation for Spring Break? Tell me in the comments or link up to your own post, I would love to hear from you, and don't forget to follow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...