Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Memes

 












Music Monday is a weekly book meme hosted by Total Book Geek. I freaking love this meme because I am a music addict all you have to do is:
-Choose a book or scene from a book
-Choose a song that fits said book or scene
-Tell us why you paired them together
-Don't forget to share the title and author
-Be careful not to include spoilers.



This book fits every single scene with Anden from Prodigy to Champion by Marie Lu. This song especially fits the scene when Anden starts kissing June, and she pulls away. It also reflects the moment June makes the huge decision in the middle of Congress, then has to tell Anden. I don't think we give Anden enough credit for keeping a whole country together in the midst of war, and he's not even 23 years old yet. As the equivalent of president, he has to keep up this constant facade that everything is fine, and hide the fact that he is trying to keep his emotions together. I mean, he wasn't even allowed to drink alcohol when the series began. He has to be the Superman for the entire Republic, and isn't allowed a single moment of weakness.

It may sound absurd but don't be naïve
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed but won’t you concede
Even Heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me
This resonates so much with his character because he has the right to grieve for his father and everything that happened to him. He obviously had hopes and dreams like any other person before he took the inevitable position of being the boy king he was groomed to be. 
I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naïve
I'm just out to find
The better part of me

I'm more than a bird,
I'm more than a plane
I'm more than some pretty face beside a train
It's not easy to be me

I wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
'Bout a home I'll never see
Every lyric represent Anden's struggle so much. As Elector, his decisions are questioned constantly, and he struggles twice as much as any other Elector because of his youth. Throughout Champion, he has the decision to make, about whether to become his father or not, and to carve his own path. 

Anyone who has read the book will surely no what I mean, and if they haven't, they have discovered a wonderful new song. 

This is the first time, I'm doing the meme 'Making Up For Monday' hosted by An Avid Reader; A Wannabe Writer and it is really fun. This is the background:
Let's face it, Mondays are the worst. The week has just begun and its another five days until freedom from profession purgatory. So I decided to make Mondays a little brighter by coming up with something fun to write about. Each week I will have a theme or game, or something fun to do that week. And you can play along! All you have to do is find the question for that week, go to your own blog, write a post that day based on that question, and link your post to this one using the link up tool at the bottom of the post.  Don't forget to explain why. 
This week's lovely question is: Do you lend books out and, if so, what are your rules to lending? 

My answer is that I do lend books out, and make absolutely certain that they come back in meticulous condition without a scuff, bump, or scratch to be seen. My friends think I'm too intense when it comes to lending books, but what they don't remember is that books are my BABIES. Would you want to cut and bruise your baby? 

I think not.

Most of the times, I'm too stingy and selfish, and don't lend books out. It's all fun and games when you're baby is playing (or being read) by another person until you're baby goes out of you sight. Then you freak out as a parent, wonder how they're doing, and check up on them every half hour. 

All of what I just said is enough evidence that I should be thrown into a mental hospital, but you did get your answer. I rarely lend books out, but when I do, I make certain they come back in perfect condition under pain of lost friendship or death (you know, whichever one works for you).

Leave your own song and opinion in the comments below, or link back to Total Book Geek and An Avid Reader; A Wannabe Writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...