Thursday, December 12, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (1): Crank, Article 5, The Sky is Everywhere & More


This is my first ever “Stacking the Shelves” posts! So for those of you that don't know "Stacking the Shelves" is when you list the books you've added to the shelves,virtual, physical, or whatever shape or form you get them. I know some people post them once a month, once a week, it varies. For me, “Stacking the Shelves” posts will be posted every time I return from the Library. The reason for every time after the Library, and not buying books? Well frankly, I’m really poor. As people may know, “Stacking the Shelves” posts are hosted by “Tynga's Reviews” 

What I checked-out from the Library today:
Crank-Ellen Hopkins: I started this on November, 26, 2013 during my Thanksgiving Break in Vromans Bookstore (great place), but I wasn’t able to get my hands on the book again because a. I didn’t buy it b. the library didn’t have it the last time I went. I read 150 pages, so I’m going to pick it right up again, although I don’t know if I want to reread the pages or not.
Everlost-Neal Shusterman: I am a huge fan of Neal Shusterman, and the Unwind Quartet. It is after all #5 of my “Top 10 Books Written in 2013”.  The plot sounds very interesting,  and his narration always is witty, and hilarious. 
Wintergirls-Laurie Halse Anderson: I’ve actually already read this book, but I didn’t get to appreciate it as much as I should have. So now, I’m going to reread it with the knowledge I have gained that I didn’t have before. (I sound like I’m a philosophy professor) 
Fever-Laurie Halse Anderson: Laurie Halse Anderson’s writing is funny. yet always hits you at the core. I’ve read her contemporary novels, but this is a historical fiction, and I can’t wait to see how it will end up.
Just One Year-Gayle Forman: I read the books “Just One Day” a few weeks ago, so why shouldn’t I read the sequel and find about the oh-so-swoon worthy Willem?
The coldest girl in Coldtown: I saw the review Kelly @ Effortlessly Reading wrote, and the cover, so I thought “Hey? Why not read it?”


What I still have from my last Library visit:
The Sky is Everywhere-Jandy Nelson: I’m currently on page 90 and it’s different. As Goodreads puts it “one boy takes her out of her sorrow, the other comforts her in it”. I thought I was going through a slump, but this is getting better.
Under the Never Sky-Veronica Rossi: I read the first two pages and didn’t continue. I’m probably going to drop it, but if someone tells me its wonderful I won’t.


What I returned to the Library today:
Burned-Ellen Hopkins: Review coming when I get to read and finish “Smoke” which is the sequel.
Article 5-Kristen Simmons: Express review coming sometime during the weeken
Speak-Laurie Halse Anderson: My Thoughts
Where She Went-Gayle Forman: Review coming tomorrow

As usual, well this is the first post, but it will be the usual. The order of the books is the order I think I will read them, but I am very iffy about lists and the order of the items in them because I change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...